About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

F is for Further Fluff on Flexible Femmes and Funny Fellow!

Well, I can't keep having 'follow-ups', but that is what it is rather, the recurring theme which hadn't  been on the blog until a year or so ago, but which now keeps cropping-up!

This chap came in the other day with a mixed lot, he looks to be a classic 1970's type, a bit grubby, a bit sticky with leeching phthalates, and the paired holes on the rear in line with the wire armature, but he's marked 'CHINA' so - like the garden-ties which started all the 'bendy posts'; probably quite modern.

Also he looks familiar, but I can't place him; is he a non-police character from Space Precinct? Some of them were a little lobster/mantid-looking, although I stress that I'm thinking out loud as I don't recall the antennae  . . . Woohbwha-Woohbwha-Woohbwha-Woohbwha! - that's my Dr. Zoidberg impersonation, be thankful you're only reading it, it's a worse listen!

If it's Space Precinct that would definitely shove the date back to the earlier uses of China as a marking in the run-up to and after 1997's hand-back, funnily enough - I've just got an ethylene gorilla which looks totally HK but is marked CHIN!

12-04-18 - See comments; Dr Cockroach from Monsters V Aliens - DreamWorks tag added

A shelfie I took just after Christmas - more of the NJ Croce range first brought to our attention by Brian two years ago - DC 'babes' although it would be more of a fight-out than a night out with that quintuplet in the same hostelry!

I think one or two were in another line up a year ago, but with about five versions of the Batman now seen, they may all be costumed from different sections of the 'expanded' DC-verse?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is Dr Cockroach from monsters V aliens voiced by Hugh Laurie.

Hugh Walter said...

Thank you Mr Anonymous! You are a star, that's what you are!

Tag and note added.

H