About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

T is for There are Two Things That . . .

. . . fall out of the sky; rain and bird shit! I did say - the last time we looked at them - that I was running out of titles for the growing plethora of paratrooper posts! AND, as they keep coming-in to Small Scale World; so I have to keep posting them. I'm sure you can understand that as an ex-infantryman, it was only a matter of time before I dug-out the old rivalry! Fancy - jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft, gripping a bed-sheet . . . idiots!

Speaking of the last time we looked at them, opening the post is this image from Brian B which I've previously mentioned I'd forgotten to use, being a variation of the other Jaru cards we've looked at; dated to 2014 it's two years newer than the previous examples, despite being quite scuffed on the rack! And follows the same design we've looked at once or twice now, going back to the 1960's - at least.

And speaking of Henbrant - as we were in yesterday's 'dog-post' - these two are being carried by Henbrant as single-figure novelty/party favours. Again; common designs around at the moment (Airfix clones of the paratrooper with SMLE and the Afrika Korps officer) and looked at here at Small Scale World under a couple of brand-marks already.

The last time we saw them they were in Playwrite and Unique branding (the Playwrite being this size, the Unique slightly bigger), which is another piece of synergy (we had some yesterday!), as these . . .

. . . are by Playwrite! But the synergy doesn't end there, as Peter Evans (roving reporter for Plastic Warrior magazine) reminded me on Tuesday-last that Playwrite is the new moniker for WH Cornelius / Success (WHC) who I had just mentioned to him weren't at the Toy Fair, but they were - as Playwrite! Although I didn't see these on their stand, I did find them a few hours later in the party superstore!

Another much-used paratrooper design; with every likelihood of the rest of the para's coming out of storage before July, we will recap all the old ones with the storage ones and see them all together. And a figure-design also being used . . .

. . . by Aeromax / New World Toys in this carded example also sent to the Blog (and closing the post - like bookends!) by Mr. Berke.

This version of the sculpt has been bling'ed-up with the addition of a flashing LED and a translucent body material. He'd be more fun if he wasn't equipped with one of the new style 'net' canopies which I think are a bit naff!

No comments: