About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, December 9, 2017

S is for Supertastic Supernumeraries!

Or E is for Everything Else . . . there's no order to these, some shelfies from Brian Berke, some shelfies from me a couple of figures from Brian's collection, a couple from mine, a bendy follow-up which nearly got its own post and some other stuff . . .

Aisle-end display in a store who's logo I just can't quite make out but it looks like Cookies, Cowboy's or Coopers! Racks of what look to be 16-18-inch Marvel figurines flanked by a pair of DC statuettes about two foot (24-inches) tall? Superman's about to take off, then he'll have to book himself for shoplifting and hand himself in to the commissioner down at 'City Hall'!

From the left and we have Brian's Batman (one of Brian's bat-men) talking to Goofy and (is that?) John Wayne! And why not? In fact he looks like he's telling Goofy to wise-up, grow-up and start acting his age; Goofy looks like he's not listening, or - at least - not taking it in, and JW is studying the horizon in the hope he won't have to intervene in the on-coming fisticuffs!

Next to them are a couple of Cherilea crime-fighters I bought from Jim at the last Sandown Park toy fair, sans-bases, there are always one or two of these on feebleBay, so they must have sold like hot cakes in the snow, back in the day. Bases are red bat-signs and I hope they'll turn up in junk lots over time, while Robin's missing his yellow cape, but I have a sneaky suspicion I may have one attached to a Cherilea knight somewhere?

Lastly we may have had Spidey before, but he was kicking about when I was shooting some of the others, so here he is again, nice sculpt, nice 54/60mm compatible size, if only I could get him to stand up he'd be a star item!

These are new, sent by Brian the other week and solid die-cast metal, a tad under 54mm as we can see from the Crescent berserker - who's back on station! Manufactured in China for Jada Toys Inc.; there are currently 38 figures in the initial wave.

Follow-up to NJCroce's bendy-toys posts passim, classic Bat-DuoTM, slinky looking Bat-Girl in her purple passion-suit, The Riddler and some bloke I don't know from Adam Sandler! TKMaxx - now; get them before they're gone!

The guy on the left came with that funny little farmers lot from a charity show a few weeks ago, I think he's a capsule toy, or blind-bag thingy but I'm not sure so I held him over for this round-up. On the right another of Brian's Man Bats . . . he's missing an arm because I've cropped him out of a forthcoming post where he was doing point-duty as a scaler, only I don’t know how tall he is, about 70/80'mil maybe? Brian?
Five Below shelfie from Brian on the left (DC by Hasbro), TKMaxx shelfie from me on the right (Marvel by Schleich) . . . Superheroes . . . they're everywhere!

6 comments:

Brian said...

Hugh, Batman is licensed by DC to Bakery Crafts, Made in China and is 9 cm from bottom of feet to top of ears.

Anonymous said...

10-mil out . . . I'll go shoot myself now...

Hugh Walter said...

Clearly, the ammunition was dud!

10mm off is close enough . . . thanks Brian!

H

Divide said...

 I bought Marvel's collection of toys on this site, looks very sophisticated, but shipped from China, you can check it if you like    http://beatunion.ebcoo.net/product/free-shipping-marvel-iron-man-3-action-figure-superhero-iron-man-tonny-mark-42-mark-43-pvc-figure-toy-18cm-chritmas-gift/

Spectrum said...

Hi Hugh,
As no-one has yet identified the bowman as yet, it is a figure of 'Hawkeye' the Marvel comics character. This figure is from the Phidal company's line of 'Busy Books' which you can see on their website. He is from 'Avengers Assemble' and their are others including both Marvel and DC titles along with other licenced tie-ins. Actually they are often found in TK Maxx stores in the children's books next to the toy section. As well as a story book you get 12 figures and a playmat. Hope this is useful to you.

Hugh Walter said...

Useful link Divide, but we don't try to do Action Figures here, nevertheless someone may well throw some shekels that-a-way this close to Crimbo!

H

Thanks Spectrum, very useful info, I may have a few more in storage, so can ID them properly when I get them out, which looks like it may be in the next few months!

H