About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Friday, December 1, 2017

I is for IT'S Chriiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaaaas!

Yes, I think we've had that title before, or a variation on it and I'm sure we'll have it again because it's Chriiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaaaas!

Muttonchoptastic!

Gisela Graham, purveyor of fine wholesale ornamentation to the gentry and anyone else who'll give her a few shekels for it! She is to Christmas; what Dorothy Perkins was for summer dresses, or to Christmas trees; what Cath Kitson is to tea-time and cushions!

Charity Shop!

We had two of these when we were kids, they came in our Christmas-morning stockings and were a tiger and a zebra, I don't know what happened to them but I've always missed them as they sat above the curtain-rail for the whole of my remembered childhood with a Wade drummer-boy, some Whimsies dinosaurs and wild animals (also Wade!) from Christmas crackers and a few other figural 'objéts', probably where I got the collecting-bug from?

In Operation!

I don't know what these are called in common parlance, do they have a name? Pop-ups, poppers, droppers, drop-downs, bowers, take-a-bows, collaps'ers, spring-ups? They are 'Pop-up Toys' in the tag list . . . all two of them!

I bought a Yeoman of the Guard one a year or two ago in Wilkinson's. Now, they say "More than two is a collection" so, that's another sub-branch/sub-section/sub-genre I seem to have embarked upon!

It's only 24 days 'till Santa comes!

No comments: