About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Saturday, December 2, 2017

H is for How They Come In I - Farm & Zoo

A quick look at some of the stuff which came in over the autumn just gone, specifically a few farm and zoo lots I found in local charity shops, nothing terribly exciting, but some things 'interesting'!

I'd already started sorting the contents of the first bag when I remembered to shoot a shot, so the 2nd bag is sat in the middle of an about-to-be-organised chaos.

Initial sort (the organised chaos!) by type; horses, cattle, people &etc; in the middle is the 'interesting' pile, i.e. the things worth shelling out £1.75 for!

While up the top-middle is what I love about these bags, a random set of Swoppet legs in a farm/zoo lot! And this lot came after I'd blogged the other Cherilea chickens, so I've picked-up the best of a bag-full of them this year!

Playing with them before I put them away; literally just mucking about with sort of graph-tables made of figures! We've looked at the goats in close-up already and one day sheep and pigs will have a proper turn.

I'm interested in the two sheep to the far-left, if anyone recognises them, they are made of a hard styrene type material (they sound like dice when you rattle them in your hand) and may be from a die-cast or plastic vehicle (as load/passengers), board game or something more pin-down'able/recognisable?

The interesting pile, in the centre the standing dog from Britains which always seems to be slightly less common the the running and lying ones, but I may be imagining that? Clockwise from the farm-hand (who has crap paint, but a less common pale brown/dun-coloured pitch-fork) we have; Charbens monkey (?) with ball, Britians Mini-Set mare, Corgi 'Torro' bull, the Wend-Al calf we looked at the other day a nice rabbit family, paint's poor again but all the ears are there! The leopard is Hong Kong, but is the non-melanistic 'corrector' for one of the black panthers I have.

This turned-up in the same shop a few days later, and I feel it was probably supposed to be part of the other two, they cirtainly all got sorted at the same time.

Nothing terribly interesting here, the Poplar ancient give me a clean box-ticker on the PVC foot figures, the Britains Herald Friar Tuck has almost no paint, but both ends of his sword/scabbard, his crucifix & chian and his staff are all intactum, so he may be painted-up for fun, bit of flock on the base, really ruin him!

The superhero is from a capsule-toy line of some kind I think, that or blind bags? Is he Archer Man? The Bowman, Arrowman, The Quiver, Biker-shirt Man! . . . Those Marvel and DC's have had most of them at some point, the question ought to be is he a Good Guy Man or a Bad Guy Man! And; No, I don't care!

While we've already looked at the other items of interest as I Blogged one with the Wendal calf, and the other in the Lucky follow-up!

No comments: