About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A is for Another Box Ticked

'Cos some of the figure purists feel miffed by the sort of post we had this morning!

This really is a box-ticker, left over from a photo-shoot I did ages ago (March 2013!) and missing a hard-plastic one in creamy-white polymer I thought I had somewhere? But I may be getting confused with the Lone Star ones . . . or the Charbens Guards Band!

Charbens - 6 poses (I thought there were eight for the longest time!), the two to the right-hand-side are French 'bazar' or rack-toy copies, I think, but I'm not sure, Charbens had lots of different issues themselves. One is the pose missing from my factory-painted sample; chain-mail striking with sword; a re-working of the axe-man next to him, or was it the other way round?

No comments: