About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, October 26, 2017

C is for Crescent Covered Wagon

I thought I'd already blogged this, but checking the dongles I couldn't find any used images, so there may be a follow-up post with another in a different colour soon as I think there's one in the attic, but it may be in storage, in the meantime I shot this one as a more realistic colour variant on Mercator Trading's table at some point.

Crescent Toys model of a covered wagon, usually seen with a pair of horses, there is provision for adding pairs to make a more realistic team. It's a wagon, which is covered; with a cover!

Errr . . . it's plastic, definitely plastic, polyethylene or my name's fuckwit, AND - get this . . . it fits-in well with 54mm / 1:32nd-scale figures and accessories. Ummm . . . it's . . . errr . . . it's got four wheels!

The wheels are different sizes, look, who'd'of thunked it? Different sized wheels, wow,  AND . . . the draw-bar pivots. Nice horses!

Something I can say a bit more about later!

No comments: