About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 7, 2017

C is for Creatures / Créatures and Croissante

Some other Greenbriar/DTSC imports, all with no other branding; carded bags of insects, both courtesy of Brian Berke in New York, so available in the US (Greenbriar) and Canada (DTSC) and grow-animals.

There are at least two assortments, the left hand one being the better of the two, although these are at the bottom-end of rack-toy sculpting/quality - if you know what I mean.

Nevertheless; they make excellent 'Giant Insect' monsters with all scales of toy figures and can be painted-up.

Centipede, mantis, grasshopper/locust and fly, two of each with a minimal paint-job sprayed through stencils. You can never have too many flies!

Brian also sent shelfies of these un-ascribed cards of a crocodile and lizard. Now, there's a lot of these grow-toys around, mostly small (30/40mm) figures which grow to 60/70mm size; I'm sure you've all seen them: 'grow your own nun, girlfriend, hit-man' &etc. But these are huge! Judging by the holes in the hanging-hook plate behind they are about 12-inches to start with, if they're going to grow 600% they'll fill the bath and shove the kids out onto the floor-mat!

And they don't taste like croissants!

No comments: