About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

F is for Fifes; Fifes & Drums . . . actually; Mostly Drums!



Did I suggest 'that was it' for AWI yesterday? I lied, just makin'itup as I go along! I mentioned the missing set of Spirit of '76-influenced, baseless cake-decorations the other day, and Mr. Nevins sent these as a set of bookends, or a full-stop to his own, other AWI submissions!

As I can't shoot comparisons due to their being the other side of the pond and finding me boat'less and as I have blurbed the genre to the nth-degree now, I can only thank Bill for sending them and post them here for everyone to enjoy.

7 Years War; 7YW; American Revolution; American War of Independence; Archibald Willard; AWI; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Creative Crafts; Men of '76; New York; Old Cake Decorations; Old Plastic Figures; Old Toy Soldiers; Pennsylvania; Schell's Flowers; Seven Years War; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spirit of '76; Star Plastics Inc.; Unknown Hong Kong; Vintage Cake Decorations; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; 50mm Figures;
Bill says they are about 40-mil, so the same size as the little, based-set we saw the other day, although they look bigger in the photographs - in part due to the slightly better painting of these I think? 20-11-18 - They are 50mm.

Also they look to be PVC/vinyl? In fact they look remarkably like the 40mm Roman's from Macau via Portugal, or Culpitt's cowboys and Indians - both also sold by Super Plastic in France, but those all have bases of one kind or another, so I guess it's only a similarity!

7 Years War; 7YW; American Revolution; American War of Independence; Archibald Willard; AWI; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Creative Crafts; Men of '76; New York; Old Cake Decorations; Old Plastic Figures; Old Toy Soldiers; Pennsylvania; Schell's Flowers; Seven Years War; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spirit of '76; Star Plastics Inc.; Unknown Hong Kong; Vintage Cake Decorations; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; 50mm Figures;
Well - I thought I was joking about drums the other day, but they do seem to have featured heavily in these posts! Cheers Bill (and Brian from last year!) I think that's all of them now?

NO! It isn't! These are a fourth set; the ones in Plastic Warrior 150, shown by Chris Goddard are quite different! I'm now looking for two sets without bases in the 40mm bracket! But at least we've managed to blog one here, today!

No comments: