About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, October 6, 2014

E is for Elephants

Probably had that heading before? Never mind, that's another thing that'll start to be duplicated occasionally! Four completely different elephants, but all rather charming....

Top left is a two-halves, celluloid baby elephant made in Japan in the 1950's, from the lack of decoration and the two holes I suspect it's from one of those strung 'fascination' you get across a pram to keep an infant amused? Trumpeting to his right is a Starlux elephant in styrene, moving clockwise; below him is a blow-moulded ethylene elephant who may have been flocked once? Finally an olin-composition baby elephant from Hausser/Elastolin.

The upper two are 30mm'ish the bottom two 50 and 60mil, except that being elephants age-vs-size means they will fit with most scales at some point - if you know what I mean!

No comments: