About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

M is for Mortars and Missiles from Micro Machines

Not so much a lazy-post today as a close look at the minutiae of one small corner of the Toy Soldier universe, and it's nice sometimes to compare like with like...I was looking for something else someone was looking for, and found a bunch of Galoob photo's in the files, that I took a while ago, so a few posts from them coming-up!

Shoulder-launched hardware...at the back we have the poorer two, sculpting-wise; a MAW / HOT / TOW 'thingy' and in front of it something which is supposed to be an RPG-7! Then the out-of-scale accessory from earlier MM sets, a Milan ATGW, I think I've posed it facing the wrong-way, but it matters not as the operator is too busy hand-rolling a cigarette to pay attention!

Front-right we have Dragon TOW's on long and short poles, while the rear is defended from sneaky-beaky shitty-Sukhoi attack by a Stinger SAM.

Mortar line...three tubes were modelled, from left to right they are the early Micro Machine (unnumbered) 80mm mortar, the accessory mortar which does good service as a 120mm type and the slightly-oversized later (numbered base) 51mm/2" personal mortar, which is probably meant to be another 80mil (a lot of the late figures are mere blobs), but for war-gaming modern era, that's three mortar-classes done!

No comments: