About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

News, Views Etc...Links, Art Etc...

So a round-up of recent bookmarks and other stuff which may be of interest to others....

Setting off with My Modern Met who I've rediscovered through Facebook;

Pierre Javelle and Akiko Ida play with food!

and

Zeng Chunhui carves wood

while

Brian McCarty makes us think about war

Further afield this made me laugh;

Knitler and the Knotsies

In Morgantown - West Virginia, Toy Soldiers are being used to teach....art and history by the looks of things!;

The Dominion Post/Charleston Gazette

Meanwhile, my namesake has some rather nice watercolours here;

Carlota Attlee Fine Art

And looking at the life-size fad we visited before;

Not a Game!

Wrapping-up this post...

A Company History Prinze August - from the horses mouth!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been looking for Pierre Javelle and Akiko Ida play with food as I've seen the work, but couldn't remember the names.

That Knitler just slayed me.

Hugh Walter said...

Hi Anne

Glad to have helped you find them again...there is another chap who places figures around cities and waits to see if people notice them or tread on them etc...not sure if I have the link or have already posted it...I have loads of these type of links I will try to get more put up!

Knitler is brilliant, but I feel the Knotsies should have a z not an s?

Hugh