About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, March 5, 2012

FFL is for French Foreign Legion

I've been fighting with the labels/tag list all weekend, but I think I'm wining, however lots of work still to do there, while I was visiting all my old posts, it struck me that the blurb varies greatly from post to post (apart from the fact that the early posts all have an 'info. above the photo' format), sometimes due to laziness versus an attack of verbiage, sometimes because the photographs or subject matter are pretty self explanatory against other times the subject needing a full explanation...

...with this lot - for instance - you don't want a lot of waffle from me, they are well known and dealt with in several publications, so I don't have to type much (more!)...

Starlux, Officer of the French Foreign Legion; 54mm on the left, late - unpainted 30mm in the middle and a 25mm to the right.

Support company lay down some covering fire while the flame-thrower works round the flank protected by a couple of riflemen - all 25mm. The rock formations are Starlux, I'm not sure about the pine-tree vignette in orangey-yellow cellulose acetate! But it is almost certainly French production.

We've seen these before on the blog, the end-of-the-road-show produced these unpainted boxed sets still on the sprue.

A scan of an old photograph previously published in Plastic Warrior's off-shoot - One Inch Warrior, in black & white, my 25mm FFL musicians.

Er...That's it!

No comments: