About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, November 15, 2010

B is for Back-catalogue...Airfix again...Yawn!

It's been a while since I pushed some 'stuff' to the Airfix addicts, and while I was digging out the SPG photo's the other night, I put these to one side, they are meant to be going on the Airfix Blog, but if my Camera's on the way out, that'll be on the back burner for a while!

The Elephant again, born out of the Tiger program as an expedient way of dealing with a (surprisingly large) number of chassis for the runner-up in the procurement program. Here with the ready-made Tiger I's from Airfix (top left) and Atlantic. The green one is missing the exhaust covers, no real problem as the troops used to remove them (if a passing wall or tree didn't rip them off first!) but the drivers hatch is a pain!

The seven poses of SAS in 1:32 scale/54mm size, if you click on the image and then go to the other side of the room from the computer, you'll see what they would have looked like if they had ever been made in HO or OO guage! Clear? Seeempulles [funnymouthnoise]

4 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Yeh!!! I love the old Airfix stuff...not for any other reason than it´s charm...it reminds me of innocent days way back then....humbrol gloss paint liberally daubed on..trenches dug in the back garden....Joy!!! :-)
Pity they never brought out the SAS in H0 scale...:-(
Cheers
Paul

Hugh Walter said...

I love'em too Paul, but I like to treat them rough, it winds-up some of the fartier members of the collecting fraternity, who have yet to work out that A) they were mass produced and B) the moulds are still in production for most of it!

My back-up hobby is winding-up people who take life too seriously!

Paul said...

Graet post on the Airfix H0 SAS, I would wager that if they pulled finger they still could be released in the better scale.

Hugh Walter said...

If they've still got the 1:32 mould, there's no reason why not, simple exercise in pantographing?

Some people believe they haven't, but then 'some people' believed the same of the Waterloo Accessory Set, now it's 4.99 buy-it-now on feeBay!!

[winkani] (if there was one!)