About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, March 15, 2010

C is for Cacti; G - Z

Missing from these posts are the Playmobile cactus, which is huge, and in two parts, I have a top half which I will base one day and what passes for a cactus from Lego, which was first issued with the underwater sets and then as a tropical plant in a Star Wars / Naboo set, it's a sort of four-fingered thing which can approximate a cactus! On with the tour...

Left to right - Gemodels, Manurba, Quick and two HK copies of the Quick version. Gem did make several cacti but so far the others have eluded me!

A selection of the Timpo cacti, with various base styles and plastic colours. The small one in the middle was made in the darker green, but rarely turns up, also the left hand one of the two has the thin hollow base which is quite unusual.

Left to right again; Plasty/Airfix, an unknown one which sneaked into this photo? Starlux, Una. The last three, being the same design as the marked Una one will be Kentoys, Speedwell or VP, but your guess is as good as mine as to which is which!

No comments: